Featured Post

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Father’s Day/US Open Golf Channel Winning Fathers Day Essay US Open Torrey Pines


By Michael J McColgan
                         
I have been playing golf with my dad since I was 5 years old.

Having been born with a walking disability, he taught me to always focus on my abilities and not my disability.

As a result, I have won seven straight Northern California Special Olympics State Championships, three National Championships, and have been inducted into two Halls of Fame-- 2004 San Francisco Tri Valley and 2006 Michigan having been born there.

He taught me that golf like life is a hard game. but with a positive attitude, proper instruction and a will to win anything can and will happen. In a round of golf, never, never, give up.

He also said to enjoy the beauty and the many friends you will make in this game. He often told me that one could go out as a single player and meet 3 strangers on the first tee and by the end of the round be friends for life.

Finally he taught me to never get nervous on the first tee. Like life getting off to a good start is very important.

Thanks Dad!